Sometimes You Just Have to Get Some Perspective

Friday, January 16, 2015
It is January 2015. I'm sitting in my room with the lights off, surfing the internet and I come across this blog. I look at the date and realized that I've been away for two years and five months. And you know what, I did not miss it at all. Not one bit.

Sometimes, you have step back and get some perspective.

Since my last post, I was diagnosed with diabetes (yikes I know), I started a new job (holy sh*t), worked on a political campaign, I've given a speech to members of Congress at Capitol Hill and survived what feels like a million dates with the weirdest guys ever. Eck. I went natural and chopped all my hair off. I entered my late twenties AND I finally moved into the city. Yes, I was an imposter. I was working in the city, but not quite living in it. Now, I can finally say I'm a real city girl. Go ahead - give me a slow clap.

Anyway, you're probably wondering, "why would you come back now?"

Well, when you gain perspective on your life and begin to set priorities - things become clear. I didn't miss the blog, but I did miss writing. I also missed expressing my feelings and being creative about it. I can't lie, I read my last post and said, "oh snap, that was good!" No sh*t Sarah, you were in pain - of course it was good.

Little did I know, that it would be a part of the catalyst that would set off a chain of events leading me to this very moment, right now, blogging as a WHOLE person. Not just free from heartache (which I honestly wasn't when I wrote my last post in 2012 - it wasn't until December of that year where I really started to heal lol), but also free from brokenness and fear.

I've put myself out there a lot in the past two years and five months and most of the time I ended up with my face on the floor. I'm sure my close friends saw it coming, but I silently thank them for not wagging their fingers and saying, "I told you so."

I still walked away from every experience with a new perspective of who I am and what I want out of life. I've even put my big girl panties on and joined a new church. I'm involved in a ministry and a bible study group. I guess there's truth to "train up a child..." and there's also truth to the fact that there is absolute freedom in Christ.

But, do you know what I want? No? Of course you don't. I'll tell you though. Why? Because, I can.

I want to write more and I want to get my hands on the latest Ben and Jerry's ice cream lol. So, here I am...wondering what to do with this blog and with the limited amount of time that I do have each day.

I'll keep thinking about it. But, in the meantime, I'm back. So let's take on the world together, just me, you and the keyboard.

MB

1 comments:

  1. Brandi said...:

    love it! can't wait for more!

Post a Comment