"Heads Will Roll...Heads Will Roll..."

Thursday, February 17, 2011
Buzzzzzz...

That was the sound my alarm made this morning around 8am. My night was horrid because I had calf cramps and this time they lasted forever. I figured I was dehydrated or something but even right now they feel weird. Sigh.

Anyway, today was interesting. I got a phone call from a fellow intern (#internconnections) and an assignment changed and there was a serious deadline. Although today was my day off, I snapped into super intern mode and took the initiative to do some work so that the deadline could be met and no heads would roll in the office. Needless to say it was a valuable lesson: Make sure you have people's backs. Regardless if it is a colleague or intern it's important to work together to make a goal or objective. I'm 100% sure that she appreciates me and trusts me WAY more than she would have if I just said oh well sucks for you, good luck with the deadline. LOL.

That brings me to my next point. You know it's time for you to move forward into an entry-level position if you are checking your email on your days off and actually doing work anyway. I check my emails everyday, sometimes every hour just so see if new information has come in. It's important that I stay well informed and connected. Sometimes I think that I sell myself short haha. Either way all was well in Q land and no heads rolled. Super Intern saves the day...again *winks*

PS: I have this mash-up song from Glee stuck in my head. It may very well be my favorite number from the series hands down.



0 comments:

Post a Comment