#InternBudget: Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Hello my fellow busy Bees! --

I wanted to let you all know again that Mocha's Buzz will officially become InternWeekly Online starting February 28th. Right now I'm just making the transition and changing layouts, widgets, HTML coding, etc. It's annoying but it must be done.

Ok back on topic! I've been doing an unpaid internship for about six months now and money is beyond tight. I've cut back on certain "necessities" and I would be lying if I said it's not taking a toll on my physical appearance. My family is from Africa and my hair gets kinky, nappy, puffy and down right UNMANAGEABLE! Today I did the unspeakable. I relaxed my own hair!

It was one of the scariest experiences ever because I thought I was going to burn my hair off and be bald for the rest of my life. It didn't help that my dad lacked faith in my ability to do my own hair. I've only seen someone relax my hair 2405832024957 times. *side eye*

I mustered up some faith and followed the instructions and PRESTO! My hair is looking ON POINT! Not to mention I usually have to pay about $90 to get a relaxer (includes $5 tip). But hello?! I'm on an #InternBudget honey and I paid $6 for my relaxer today. Needless to say, when desperate times call for desperate measures it's important to come up with viable solutions and reasonable alternatives to costly items. Not only does it prevent unreasonable spending but it definitely makes you realize you're capable of doing a lot of things you never thought of doing before.

-M.

Items Used:
Optimum Care Salon Collection Sheen Spray
Optimum Care Salon Collection Relaxer- Regular

0 comments:

Post a Comment