Celebrating Gentrification, I Mean Revitalization...

Saturday, September 25, 2010
Last weekend, I had an opportunity to visit the up and coming Arts and Entertainment District in DC, also known as H St. Now, H. St is like U St., Gallery Place/ Chinatown, and even Columbia Heights. What do all these places have in common? Gentrification.

Yes, granted many of these areas are now safer to walk around and shop at, but consider who visits and lives in these areas are now. It is certainly not the people that lived there before.  On another note, the “revitalization” of these areas brought great places to shop, eat and even enjoy great entertainment. H St. is certainly no different. Although they are still fixing up quite a few buildings they have some great shops and food places. I figured I’d let my pictures talk for me. Oh and for you beer lovers, many of the places have $2 beer specials all day. I also had a chance to go to Dangerously Delicious Pies. I tried their Apple Pie and I was sold. Highly recommend checking them out. Enjoy!




















0 comments:

Post a Comment