Great Deals: BH Cosmetics

Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Last week, I came across a YouTube page with this amazing make-up artist, "Pixiwoo" who has tons of videos giving application tips and critiques on different types of make-up. She also has one of the best web sites I've seen so far that really shows how to use make-up properly.


One of her videos featured the 120 Color Palette 3rd Edition by BH Cosmetics. I loved the way it looked so I decided to try it out myself. I ended up ordering:


88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette, $19.95
28 Neutral Color Palette, $19.95; 
26 Shadow Blush Combo Palette, $19.95; 
10 Color Camouflage and Concealer Palette for $16.95.


I put the BH Cosmetics to the test today and here's how it went down:


Item: BH Cosmetics
Expense: $$
Rating: 8 out of 10 MochaBees (subject to change based on the 88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette)
"You definitely get more colors for your buck and they look just like the expensive brands, if not better."


BH Cosmetics Smokey Eye w/ 28 Neutral Color Palette


-88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette: Stay Tuned for an update this weekend.
-28 Neutral Color Palette: Great coverage, did not have to put too much on the brush and there was no fall out, which is something I usually get when I use MAC products. Blends very well and it's easy to remove in case a mistake is made.
-26 Shadow Blush Combo Palette: I wasn't a huge fan of the blush combo, it took several applications for it to show up on my face. I plan on trying again tomorrow, but for the most part, my MAC blush definitely wins in this category. Otherwise, the blush doesn't look too heavy, gives a natural appeal.
-10 Color Camouflage and Concealer Palette: Love, love, love. The concealer was not heavy at all. It definitely beat out my Black Opal brand. Full coverage without the "caked-on" look. Definitely a must have.


I recommend BH Cosmetics to those looking to expand their current make-up collection. For those starting out, I recommend the 120 Colors Palette in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Editions (if you want a more natural look go for the 3rd edition, if you want a more daring look go for the 1st and 2nd editions). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment